POSITION DETAILS< BACK TO Careers
We design and produce engineered materials that dramatically increase the energy density of rechargeable Li-ion batteries. We enable smaller, lighter, longer lasting electronic devices and unlock mass adoption of affordable, long-range electric vehicles. Our products work today, are a drop-in solution for existing battery manufacturing processes, and can be manufactured economically at scale.
Sila was founded in 2011 and is based in Alameda, CA. Our founders are two early Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Professor of Materials Science at Georgia Tech. We’re backed by top tier venture capital firms, led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel.
Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, debates are data-driven, and our nerdiest office puppies are named Angstrom, Lumen, and Gadget.
Our Company Values
- MASTER YOUR CRAFT. Excellence matters, and it compounds over time. Revel in hard work, relish the details.
- LEARN MORE. Learn and grow today to be ready for tomorrow's bold challenges. Our best work is ahead of us.
- FIND AND FACE FACTS. Reason from first principles with intellectual honesty. Question your own biases and assumptions and consider alternatives. Choose to seek truths over winning arguments.
- OWN IT. True leadership comes from demonstrated excellence. Lead by example, taking deep responsibility.
- WIN TOGETHER. As a diverse team, we amplify our individual talents. Be compassionate, understanding, and patient to bring out the best in each other.
- TRUST. Trust that Sila-zens act from good intentions, in pursuit of our common vision. Work confidently knowing that we have each other's backs.
- BE SAFE. Each of us has the power and responsibility to promote the health and safety of fellow Sila-zens. Always work with safety in mind.
- HAVE FUN. Work and fun are better together. Enjoy the journey and be yourself at Sila.
- RISK. WISELY. Be curious and enterprising, even if it means failing some of the time. You can learn more by risking wisely than risking nothing.